|Natural Cures Vitamins and Minerals Silicon Supplements|
Silica and Silicon Supplements
Silicon is an essential trace mineral in the tissues. It is found in plenty like oxygen in the biosphere. It is partially soluble in water. It can be found pure, in form of white crystals, in matured bamboo stems.
• It is necessary for the synthesis of Vitamin B1 or thiamine in the body.
• It is essential for proper functioning of nerve cells and tissues.
• It provides strength to the bones.
• It helps in growth of hair, nails, and teeth.
• It makes shiny skin and brings brightness of eyes.
• It helps to heal faster and protect against tuberculosis, skin and mucous membranes disorders.
• It also controls transmission of nerve impulses.
Natural Sources of Silicon
Sources of silicon are whole grains, millets, corn; fruits like apple, guavas, oranges, raisins, honey, cherries; nuts like almonds, dates, walnuts, groundnuts; vegetables; vegetables like cucumber, celery, onions, cabbage, spinach, endives, carrots, turnips, eggplants, red beets, pumpkin and fish etc.
Daily Requirement of Silicon
Only minute amount of silicon in daily diets is sufficient.
• The Deficiency of silicon can lead to osteoporosis, aging signs, like poor hair nails and bones, and serves sensitivity to cold.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.