|Natural Cures Vitamins and Minerals Selenium|
Selenium is a trace element that occurs so naturally in soil and water supply in certain regions in varying degree. It has been reported that cancer is lower where this element in present adequately in soil and water. Its amount in water and foods varies widely. Males have a greater need to this mineral.
• It helps in weight gain in children.
• It strengthens the body’s immune system by producing more of anti- bodies.
• It also improves the function of the phagocytic cells which destroy bacteria fungi and viruses.
• When combined with vitamin E, it has a synergistic effect, and they act better as anti-oxidant and anti-aging factors.
• It protects against cell membranes and tissue damage.
• It protects against heart disease.
• It reduces risk of pancreatic and colon cancer.
• It reduces symptoms of shingles.
• It also reduces asthma attacks.
• It regenerates damaged liver, alleviates menopausal distress.
• It checks dandruff, and neutralizes certain carcinogens.
Natural Sources of Selenium
Wholegrain cereals are best sources of selenium.
Daily Requirement of Selenium
The RDA (recommended daily allowance) of 20-30 mcg for children, 40-70 mcg for men, 45-55 mcg for women, is recommended.
• Its deficiency increases the risk for cancer cardiovascular and inflammatory diseases.
• Its deficiency also leads to premature aging.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.