|Natural Cures Herbal Supplements How to Lower High Blood Pressure|
How to Lower High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure (hypertension) means high pressure in the arteries. Arteries are vessels that carry blood from the pumping heart to all the tissues and organs of the body. Normal blood pressure is below 120/80; blood pressure between 120/80 and 139/89 is called pre-hypertension, and a blood pressure of 140/90 or above is considered high.
If you have high blood pressure over the years it may have a damaging effect to arteries and put a strain on your heart. In general, the higher your blood pressure, the greater the health risk. High blood pressure is one of several possible risk factors for developing a cardiovascular disease. High blood pressure can be lowered by medication and making modifications to the lifestyle.
Lifestyle Changes to Lower High Blood Pressure
1. Losing excess weight can make a big difference in controlling blood pressure. Blood pressure can fall by up to 2.5/1.5 mmHg for each excess kilogram which is lost. Losing excess weight has other health benefits too.
2. Regular walking and physical activity on five or more days of the week, for at least 30 minutes also helps in controlling blood pressure. But remember not to do in excess.
3. Minimize your salt intake. The amount of salt that you eat can have an effect on your blood pressure. You should have no more than 5-6 grams of salt per day.
4. Do not eat fatty food such as fatty meats, cheeses, full-cream milk, fried food, butter, etc. If you do fry, choose a vegetable oil such as sunflower, rapeseed or olive oil.
5. If you eat meat, eat lean meat, or poultry such as chicken.
6. Avoid drinking alcohol; it harms you in all the ways. Drinking has a direct effect on blood pressure.
If you are really serious to lower your high blood pressure, be sure to grab ebook - Drop Your Blood Pressure. Control your blood pressure and life a healthier and longer life!
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.