|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Sore Throat|
Home Remedies for Sore Throat
Sore Throat is an inflammation of throat caused by a viral infection, and often develops with a cold or the flu. It occurs frequently when a person has a cold or an attack of influenza.
Symptoms of Sore Throat
Following are the major sore throat symptoms:
1. Irritation of throat
2. Chills and fever
3. Pain in the throat
4. Swollen and tender lymph glands
5. Difficulty in swallowing
Causes of Sore Throat
Following are the major sore throat causes:
1. Common cold
Natural Home Remedies for Sore Throat
Following are some of the effective home remedies for sore throat:
1. Add lemon juice and some honey, to a glass of hot water. Drink this. It will give immediate relief from pain.
2. Cut a lemon into 2 pieces. Take one piece and put some salt and black pepper on it, press with a knife so that salt-pepper penetrates into the lime. Put the lemon on heat to make it warm. Slowly lick this lemon squeezing it until no juice remains. Do it 2-3 times a day.
3. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to 1 cup of boiling water; stir well and sip slowly. It is also good for sore throat cure.
4. Prepare a tea by adding 1 or 2 teaspoons of dried chamomile blossoms to a pint of boiling water; steep and drink a cup every few hours.
Sore Throat Treatment and Advice
1. Gargle with warm salt water. It is an effective natural remedy for sore throat.
2. You can also gargle with Aloe Vera juice two times daily. It is also an effective home remedy for sore throat.
Herbal Remedies for Sore Throat
1. Chew some garlic pieces. It is an effective sore throat treatment.
2. Prepare marshmallow root tea by adding 1 tablespoon of the dried root to a cup. Add a cup (8 ounces) of boiling water, steep it covered for at least 10 minutes then strain. Drink up to 3 cups a day.
3. Prepare honeysuckle tea. Bring 1 quart of water to a boil. . Add 1 cup of honeysuckle flowers (not the leaves). Steep for at least 10 minutes, covered, and then strain. Sweeten with honey if desired. Drink up to 4 cups a day.
4. Water boiled with basil leaves should be taken as a drink, and also used as a gargle to relieve a sore throat. It is also effective in sore throat treatment.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.