|Natural Cures Home Remedies Home Remedies for Heartburn|
Home Remedies for Heartburn
Heartburn is a condition in which there is a burning feeling that often starts in the upper abdomen just behind the sternum (breastbone) and may rise to your throat. It is due to acid reflux, in which stomach acid leaks into the esophagus.
Symptoms of Heartburn
Following are the major heartburn symptoms:
1. Bitter taste in mouth
2. Feel sick and bloated
3. Sleep problem and a dry cough (especially at night).
4. Mild nausea
5. Formation of excessive gas
6. Burning sensation behind breastbone
7. Pain or pressure behind breastbone
8. Vomiting and loss of appetite
Causes of Heartburn
Following are the major heartburn causes:
1. Hyper secretion of hydrochloric acid
2. Reflux of gastric acid
3. Not eating on time
4. Eating fried and spicy food regularly
5. Stress, anxiety and Insomnia
8. Excessive smoking
9. Drinking excessive alcohol
10. Wearing tight clothes
Natural Home Remedies for Heartburn
Following are some of the effective home remedies for heartburn:
1. Take fiber rich diet as it aids in the absorption of excess acid and gas. It helps in flushing out the toxins from your body.
2. Grind fresh ginger and prepare ginger tea. You can even add ginger to foods. It is an effective home remedy for heartburn.
3. Green tea is also effective in treating heartburn.
4. Suck a small piece of jaggery to get relief from hyperacidity and heartburn.
5. Almonds are quite effective in treating heartburn; chew few almonds when you experience heartburn.
6. You can also take a glass of chilled milk is a quick remedy for hyperacidity and heartburn.
7. Another quick home remedy for acid reflux is take ginger root with honey after meal.
Heartburn Treatment and Advice
1. Drink plenty of water at least 8 glasses everyday.
2. Avoid fried food, pickle, hot and spicy food.
3. Don’t skip your meal.
4. Avoid garlic, onion, pepper, radish and cabbage.
5. Do not eat unripe fruits.
6. Include plenty of green and leafy vegetables in your diet.
7. Do not go to bed just after taking your meal.
8. Do not take alcoholic or very hot drinks.
9. Don’t smoke; it may aggravate heartburn.
10. Avoid citrus fruit and sour fruit.
Herbal Remedies for Heartburn
1. Prepare herbal tea containing equal small amounts of peppermint, chamomile, ginger, licorice root and catnip. Drink it after dinner.
2. Chew some basil leaves if you feel acid problem in your stomach.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.