|Natural Cures Health Articles Benefits of Wheatgrass|
Benefits of Wheatgrass - An Ultimate Health SupplementWheatgrass has several health benefits. It is young wheat plant of 1 to 2 weeks of age and is widely used as health supplements. It is highly rich in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, protein and chlorophyll.
It contains almost every amino acid, vitamin and mineral necessary for human nutrition that makes it a complete food for us. The high chlorophyll content make it acts as a magnet in drawing out toxins from the body.
Now doctors recommend eating green leafy vegetables. Wheatgrass is an ultimate way to increase dark green leafy vegetables in our diet. Its just surprising to know that just 15 pounds of wheatgrass is equivalent to 350 pounds of vegetables. A 16x16 tray of wheatgrass yields about 15 to 22 ounces of juice, depending on its length.
Wheatgrass is available in market in various forms like wheatgrass juice, tablets and powders. When wheatgrass reaches a height of 12 to 20cm it can be cut and then juiced. Wheatgrass is considered as an ideal food to nourish the body and rid it of toxins. It is also very beneficial for those who suffer from pain and illness.
Benefits of wheatgrass
• It fights against infections and improves the body's ability to heal wounds.
• It helps in scalp treatment for lusterless hairs.
• It helps in removing heavy metals from the body.
• It also act as a cleanser and astringent for all types of skin
• It absorbs 92 out of the known 102 minerals from the soil.
• It also helps in treating skin problems like eczema or psoriasis.
• Chlorophyll present in wheatgrass helps to improve blood sugar disorders.
• It helps in preventing tooth decay.
• It also helps in eliminating body odors.
• It helps in boosting sexual stamina. The high magnesium content in chlorophyll builds enzymes that restore the sex hormones.
• It aids in the prevention and fight against cancer.
• Chlorophyll in wheatgrass also helps to purify the liver.
• It stops the growth of harmful bacteria.
• It is an ultimate energizer for body and mind.
• It is useful in treating constipation and keeping the bowels open.
Usually it is recommend to start with 30mls of wheatgrass juice followed with a glass of water, for the first few days. Once we get comfortable with this we can increase the amount up to 60mls (30mls twice a day). As it has a strong cleansing effect, it may make us nauseous if we start with too much. It can also be taken by mixing it with other juices.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Copyright © Nick Mutt, All Rights Reserved. If you want to use this article on your website or in your ezine, make all the urls (links) active.
Read more about the Benefits of Wheatgrass. Also know the benefits of Triphala as a natural remedy for common ailments. Visit Natural Cures Guide - World’s first site fully dedicated to natural cure.
Home Remedies |
Vitamins and Minerals |
Natural Skin Care |
Ayurveda | Meditation | Yoga | Massage Therapy | Aromatherapy | Hair Loss | Weight Loss
-- Men Health | Women Health | Senior Health --
About us | Links | Sitemap (1, 2) | Health Articles | Natural Cure Blog
Copyright © Natural-Cure-Guide.com All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Information provided on this site is for educational purposes. The information in not given as medical advice nor is it intended to propose or offers to propose a cure for any disease or condition. Before starting any medical treatment, please consult your physician.